Monday, April 12, 2021

Review

I have coworkers who occasionally like to go onto the internet and look up our store and read the reviews posted there.

Me? 

I'm not one of those people.

Mostly because if people take the time to review a place....it seems like they're more likely to leave a negative comment rather than a positive one.

And I tend to take criticism to heart when it comes to my store. I don't like it when people give bad reviews. Especially when like...it's over something stupid that we can't control. (Like prices or variety of animals we sell) 

So it was rather surprising today when I had a customer come in looking for help for getting the right type of food for their new dog.

And I gave them a couple of options to look at and made a couple other suggestions.

And the interaction was a pretty typical one. Customer asks questions. I give answer/opinion. They say thanks. I move on to the next customer.

But this person made a point to thank me for my help. And further stated that they would leave a good review of me online too.

Like. O_o 

Uhmmm.

I mean, it's good to get good reviews and such.

But I'm perfectly happy being unknown at work. 

Like I know people know me as I do get in my regulars and such that I interact with a lot.

And I know that people have referenced me before online as my coworkers who do look at reviews on our store have shown them to me.

But still.

Being told that someone is going to say something online?

Yah. Kinda nervewracking.

I'm good not being known. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment