Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mourning

I feel like I've spent the last hour or so bawling my eyes out.
Not because anything is wrong with me, I'm not hurt, I'm not scared, I'm not any of the reasons that would make me cry like there is no tomorrow.

No.
It's because I've been writing.
And it's the character who's in mourning.
It's the character who has been traumatized,
Broken.
Beaten.
Lost.

She's in emotional distress due to events in the story I'm working on with her.
And I can't help but empathize.

The loss.
So acute.
What they had defined themselves as.
Gone.

It's heart breaking.

And she's finding no comfort at the moment.
Making it difficult for the rays of sunshine to come through.

So for now,
I sit with tears running down my cheeks.
Trying to convince her that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

She just needs to look up to see it....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment