Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Which Character?

I had a dream where I had three characters who needed to be organized from 'Main Character 1" to "Main Character 3" As 1 would be more 'vocal' than 3 would be. More present in the 'story.'
Surprisingly enough, the fight in the dream wasn't for who would get the first spot, but who would get the 3rd spot.
It was more of a 'no, you can have spot one," "No you can." "No I insist."

Finally a girl character spoke up. "Guess I'll be Character 1." She said with an offhand air. And in that brief sentence I was like "ooo She's a determined character." The 'no nonsenseness to her' the 'I don't see why you guys are bickering over the last spot. But I'll take first.'

It was cool.

But the 3rd spot also let me see, that side characters can be important to.
Not all the drama has to be from the MC.
Side characters can have their own plot lines going as well that help to build the MC's main plot. Enrich it. Make it more interesting to read.

Hopefully I'll do better at my SC in the future. ^^

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment