Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Favorite Star

Do you ever look up at the stars?
On occasion I do,
and whenever I see one particular star up above the horizon.
I smile. It gives me a moment of happiness.

Which star is this?

Sirius.
The DogStar

Where did my love for this star begin?
When I picked up a book.

Dogsbody By Diana Wynne Jones

 
If I'm asked to pick my 'favorite book' (that isn't a series) This is my go to.
It's a book where I can pick it up, read it, finish it, and immediately go back to page 1 and start all over again.
 
It's a...feel good book. :) Even though it doesn't have quite the ending I'd like it to have, I love it anyway.
 
The DogStar -Sirius is on trial for killing another star. He has his star torn away from him, and he's sent down to earth in the form of a dog to try and find a 'weapon' that possibly fell there. But with memory loss, 'pet life', and other stars out to kill him, it becomes a race against time. Because if he doesn't find the 'weapon' before his 'dog life' is over, he dies as a dog, and can never return to being in charge of his star.
 
Yes, my love for this book ties in closely to my love for the actual star. :)
 
-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment