Wednesday, February 5, 2014

When To Write?

I have a problem.
I've realized, for a while now, that I can write my best when there's nothing going on.
Aka I have no music playing and no tv on.

Paradoxically, I've convinced myself that I really can't write unless I have 'sound on' in the background.

It's like I'm terrified of quiet or something. ;)

Or that, my brain thinking gets a tad bit too loud and I decide that I need to drown it out with something.

But in any case, it seems like I can't focus when it's 'quiet' because I feel like I should be 'doing something productive' while writing. (Go figure that out, why is writing not productive unless I'm doing something else with it? No idea.)

Yet, when I have sound on 'in the background' more often then not it becomes the 'fore ground'

And guess what?

Yah, I still don't get any writing down.

However, I am also wondering if it's just the time of day that I attempt to do stuff in. Or how long it takes me to 'finish' other tasks before I can actually sit down and 'write.' -which usually means by the time I get to writing...I don't feel like writing.

Really, I feel like I'm temperamental. It really just depends on 'the moment.'
Sometimes music helps. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes this scene works really well with sound in the background, while others require silence.

In any case. I do have this theory, that I like to write when 'I'm not officially up yet.'
As in, I've just woken up, my head is still leaning towards getting some extra sleep, and I haven't left my bed.
It feels like I'm in this 'inbetween place' where writing, writing is actually possible. Even the music going on in the background is helping. O.o

Yah. Who knows. I'll have to experiment on this a bit more probably. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment