Thursday, February 20, 2014

More Italy

A hard fact of life is move out day.
Especially when you have to pick and choose which books to take with you because your apartment just doesn't have the room to take them all.

For a while it worked out for me, because I would just rotate through my books, moving them between my parent's home and the apartment.

It became even less of an issue as I got out of reading, (gasp! :S who'da thought that would happen.) in favor of writing my own stories. So the shuffling happened less and less.

But then, the other day I finally pulled off my shelves, at my apartment, a series by Lisa T. Bergren. The River of Time series. Her books initially caught my interest because they were set in Italy, and I have a rather soft spot for books set in that place.

Because of a different series, which this series inspired me to reread again.

It's Mary Hoffman's Stravaganza Series.

That's where my love for Italy first began, because of the richness of the world she's created, the characters. Ah. Just love the series. Love the characters, the setting, all of it. ^^

I wanted to read it again.
Only, I had a slight problem.
That particular series had been on it's rotation on the back home front.
Where my dad had recently packed up my room into a bunch of boxes. Books included.

No big deal really. I was sure that my stuff would be right out in front. Easy to access.
Oh how I was wrong. I stared into the mountain of a storage room, and had no idea where to start.
Some less determined person might have taken one look, and gone back upstairs.
But not me.
Okay, I went back upstairs, but only to ask the parentals which part of the storage room contained 'my stuff.'
I returned to the mountain!
I needed my books. Especially because I'd been waiting all week for my trip home to get them. And read them!
Plus, The Stravaganza series had expanded since I last read them, and I couldn't remember which of the last books I'd gotten. I was pretty sure I needed to get the last two, but I didn't want to buy both of them only to find out that I already had one.
I had to go through four boxes of books to find the entire set. And I was right. I needed to get the last two. :)

Now, now my continuing Italy-based-books obsession can continue! :D

-Sarnic Dirchi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment