Sunday, March 9, 2014

Words On The Flap

O.o I had a crazy realization this week.
I don't read the inside flap of books.
Aka...the 'here's a glimpse at what to expect of me bio' that Authors write for their books.
I don't read them.
...in a series.

Really. I don't.
I mean, sure, bookstore, books. I'll look at the inside flap -or the back of the book wherever this plot bio is- and see if I like the premise enough to buy said book or put it back on the shelf.

But once book 2 comes out. I don't.
It's like a book 1 syndrome or something.

It's like...those flaps don't exist to me anymore.

Why? Because I've read book 1 of course. :)

I've already been introduced to the characters, I already know where the story line is. So I don't need the introduction for what I already know?
Even for longer series like the Wheel of Time. I don't read the flaps.

Another Why?
I loved to be surprised.
So I want to go into the sequel books totally 'blind.' I don't want hints at what's going to happen to my favorite characters, I want to Read and Find Out. And the flap...can give away details.

Really, the inside flap of sequel books should say: "Go read book 1, this is book 2. Continuing where book 1 left off." lol

Because, really that's what I think they say anyway. ;)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment