Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Walk Down the Aisle

 I had a customer call the store tonight to rant at me that he'd just experienced the 'worst customer service ever' from us because a coworker who took the phone call -according to my coworker it was a girl who called us so I'm not sure why the guy called back super upset- told the person on the phone that we don't do stock checks currently due to short staff and that our online store should be accurate in telling the customer if we had said product they were looking for or not.

Which the customer did not like at all. They didn't like being told to 'look online' when we should be able to 'walk down the D*** aisle and check ourselves'

Like nevermind that the automated voice message the plays when you call our store tells you right off the bat that we're not doing stock checks right now.

The dude was furious.

Ranting at me about our lack of service.

Like dude....being told no isn't the 'worst customer service ever' I'm pretty sure you've had worse than that.

And honestly, we had been in the middle of a rush. We had been busy. While we can still do stock checks while it's slow in the store, it's not that easy to break away when we're helping the customer in front of us.

*shakes head*

Especially when said customer on the phone was going to be a complicated customer. Where they were looking for a specific size dog gate with specific dimensions.

Like it's one thing to take two seconds and see if we have a product in the store.

But if you're wanting us to tell you the height and the width and the length and the price and all this extra stuff...then it becomes more difficult and time consuming and you'd probably be better off looking online anyways since the dimensions of doggie gates should be listed with the product.

*exhales*

But yah. Dude just ranted at me and hung up. Didn't give me a chance to talk or anything.

Which if he'd been a bit more levelheaded then I could have informed him that I was free at the moment to go look for whatever item he was looking for.

But he never gave me the chance. 

*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment