Monday, April 22, 2019

Fish Bowl

I guilted people into not buying fish today.

As a couple of customers came into the store, wanting to get fish, but only wanted to put them in a fishbowl.

Which is an automatic red flag as most of the fish in the store don't do well in bowls.
So I was telling the customers that bettas would be the best, and that you could 'try' goldfish but you'd have to do water changes everyday and it's not a good idea....

And they were rather unconvinced, so I was doing my best to help them and asked what the fish was for...

And they wanted to use the fish to prank their coworker. 
>_<

Ummm….How about No?
How about you don't prank someone at the expense of a fish's life?

So I redoubled my efforts to tell them all the cons of keeping fish in bowls and that filters were better and how to care for them so they can live long....

And they finally were like "we need a minute to think about it."

So I left them to think.
And my coworker informed me that they walked out the door a few minutes later having bought nothing.

Good.

Like I feel bad that I made them feel bad.
But at the same time.

I'm glad I convinced them not to go through with their prank.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment