Monday, April 1, 2019

Warning Risk

There was a customer who came into the store who seemed to like to look at every little tiny detail of every product in our fish department.

Those sorts of details where people never really look closely nor ask questions about because they don't see the detail nor worry that it is a detail. 

But this customer was like "I was reading the back of this particular tank and it had a warning on the back that it could cause cancer."

O_o

 Sure enough, when I went to look for myself.
There was a warning that the tank had been treated with chemicals that could potentially cause cancer. 

But the tank also said "In California."

And apparently, everything in California is labeled with a 'could cause cancer.' label. 

In any case.
The customer wanted to know if all our fish tanks had this warning label.

I had no idea. It's not something I needed to look for before.

Plus like....everything could give you cancer it seems like these days.

I told the customer the same thing. 

Like "I've never had a customer come up and tell me they got cancer from their fishtank." 

*shakes head*

It's weird. So weird.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment