Tuesday, November 26, 2013

E or A

I have a confession.

Until a couple of days ago, I really had no idea what the difference between 'then' and 'than' was.
I mean...I know the words. I know there is a difference, but for the life of me I had no clue what it was. For some reason this little tidbit of knowledge refused to stick into my head whenever I learned about it multiple times in school.

But, I decided I really should know.
As I tend to use 'then' for everything.

What's the difference?

Then refers to time or sequences of events. "I went to work and then slept for the rest of the day."  
While Than is a comparison tool. "Football is a much better sport to watch on TV than basketball."

I'll have to keep this in mind...really this time. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment