Thursday, November 28, 2013

Theme Songs

I know the Twilight Saga gets a lot of flack for things.
But, the author did have an influence on me.
-And not in the sparkly vampire sort of thing.
 
It was her 'behind the scenes stuff.'
More importantly.
 
The fact that she has an unofficial music play list that she feels represents certain scenes, chapters, moments, characters in her book.
 
I thought that was soooo cool!
 
And consequently I've done that for a few of my characters.
Not all of them, but there are those songs where I hear them, and I'm like ()_() "That's totally a song for Theodore!" or "This totally fits this scene I'm working on with Jocelyn"
 
Unfortunately,
I've come across two songs....that I think can perfectly fit the first introduction to Theodore....
But the vibes are totally different.
And I'm like O.o Huh....
I mean.
One song is like...
Okay I can't explain it.
 
Lemme begin again. :)
 
In my original 'draft' of the story, Theodore's introduction has this sort of vibe:
 
 
The quiet Joy. Just being able to Breathe. To be able to get a second chance.
 
But then, I recently came across this song....and it changed my thought process.
 
 
Totally different vibe right?
 
And I'm like.
 
WHO IS THEODORE?!?!
I mean, I can picture him in both of these songs.

Is my character more complex then I thought he was?!?
 
Can I write him in such a way that he can fit both songs?
 
Or do I just need to pick a vibe and run with it?
 
Honestly...

 
 But I shall figure out which version (or both) of Theodore works and run with it!
I mean...that's what multiple drafts are for, right?

-Sarnic Dirchi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment