Wednesday, December 4, 2013

#WritingProblems

You know the most difficult part about writing a book?

Starting it.

At the beginning.

It's particularly hard for me,
because this story, I know my characters have a history.
And that history influences everything that they do in later scenes I've already worked on.

But...I'm not sure how to write their history as present.
How do I get Theodore and Jocelyn to fall for each other, and then, decide they don't love each other?

It's so simple in theory.
But in reality. It's something different.

Jocelyn uses magic to get Theodore to love her, but there is genuine affection from Theodore to Jocelyn in that it's not a 'You used magic on me? I HATE YOU!' sort of thing.
It's the sort of thing, where Theodore realizes he was under a spell, but is willing to work things out, even for the greater good, even if he's not happy at it.

The key....is to get that relationship on paper.
In a way that makes sense.
In a way that makes the reader sympathize with both sides of the party.
and doesn't make Theodore seem like the real jerk he was in his first draft....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment