Sunday, March 16, 2014

A Name In a Text

I always feel paranoid when I use someone's name when texting people.
Why?
Not sure.
It's like I think, just typing it out onto the screen...would connect the name automatically to the person's phone, and they'll read the text you just sent that mentions them.

Or the paranoid feeling that somehow, you accidentally send the text about the person to the person, or send a text to the wrong person and use a name that isn't theirs so they know you weren't talking to them, but to someone else....

Which brought to mind the question.
What if technology advances enough to do that?
And it's kept a secret?

Like secret technology, where if you mention a name somewhere, like on your cellphone, then all the people in your contact list on said device would get that text...without you knowing about it.
:S Talk about a lot of potential disasters there.
I mean, planning a surprise party? Totally ruined.

But oh, I can see how an enterprising evil villain could take advantage of this sort of thing, and use it to blackmail a lot of people.
Totally something for me to consider, if I ever get back into writing things that happen in the 'modern' world. ;)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment