Monday, March 24, 2014

I'm Bad! ...Not

An 'Evil Blog.'
I discovered an author who has one of those.
And my first thought was. ()_() I knew it! ;) lol
and the next thought was like "I WANT ONE!"
And of course the thought after that was....I really wouldn't do that great of a job with that sort of blog.
So never fear, I'm not starting up a forth blog for an 'evil side'
Seriously, if I ever do that sort of thing, you'll know I've gone crazy. I mean four blogs? No, I'll just stick with three.

Besides, I doubt that I could keep up a good convincing 'bad persona' for long.
I know that well enough.
To much frustration on the part of one of my fellow writing friends.
As we would often bring our characters together and see what sort of adventure they could come across.
And it soon became obvious....I'm bad at making bad guys.
At least...bad guys who didn't become good in like the blink of an eye.

So, my writing friend continued to push me to creating 'evil/bad' characters.
And I continued to create them and then make them good guys.

I mean, I got better at keeping them bad for longer.
But I couldn't keep them bad.

My thoughts about this?
One. I believe everyone has a redemption cycle. That if placed in the right situation, with the right people, circumstances, anyone can become a good guy again. They may not be all sparkling white, but they would be good guys.

Two....I feel it's kinda pointless to get soo emotionally invested into a character....to kill them off. If I spent so much time on energy on them why in the world would I then kill them? Swoosh. you're 'dead!'
Meh, not appealing to me.

Three. A bad guy, a good bad guy, would believe that he's being the good guy. He's not being bad because he wants to be bad, but because this is the only route he can see to get what he wants. Whatever he wants. And so that means he needs to have some sympathetic characteristics/backstory/etc, otherwise people wouldn't follow him and he'd be getting no where with doing whatever bad thing he wants to do. And somehow that always makes me sympathetic to them and then I want them to get what they want -albeit in a way they weren't thinking- and sooo

They end up turning good. Happy Ending all around!

lol no wonder the bad guys always return to cause chaos for the good guys (especially in superhero related things).... good guys are always hopeful that the bad guy will get their happy endings, that or it's against their code to kill people...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment