Monday, November 25, 2019

Holding the Hamster

I helped a mother with two little boys today.
Because her oldest -who was probably around four or five years old, wanted to hold a hamster.

So I got the hamster out and after letting both boys pet it for a bit.

But that wasn't enough for the oldest.
So with a little trepidation, as hamsters can be slightly unpredictable and are more likely to bite.
I carefully let him hold it.

And it went well!
No biting. The boy enjoyed it.

But then the mom was like "Do you want to hold the hamster to." To the younger brother who was probably like two years old or younger.

And he was like "Yes!"

But then like two seconds after I let him hold it...he freaked out.

I think the claws felt weird to him or something.

But yah, he pushed the hamster off, screaming, and shied away from it.

Thankfully I was able to rescue the hamster quickly enough and get him back into his temporary container.

But the kid wasn't having it.
He wanted it back in the cage.

So I helpfully put the hamster back in the cage. 

And the little boy was like "CLOSE IT!"

So I closed it.

He calmed down after that.
Poor kid.

I don't think he liked the hamster much.
But his older brother still wanted one after everything.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment