Saturday, May 1, 2021

Counting Crickets

 I honestly don't like it when people expect me to Math for them. 

Especially first thing in the morning.

And today. I had two different people want me to Math for them within like the first half hour of the store being open. 

*exhales*

The first customer was like "Hey I need $20 worth of crickets."

.... 

.....

....

Like dude....I have no idea how many crickets you can get for twenty bucks. Most people just say "Hey I need a dozen" "60" "20" and we call it good.

Because we don't sell crickets in 'bundles' like "Hey this box has $5 worth of crickets in it."

No our prebagged bags have numbers to them. "6, 12, 24 etc" saying how many crickets are in the bag.

But it's up to you to math it out yourself.

*exhales*

Like...$20?

I can tell you that you can get 10 small crickets for $1.30 because they're 13 cents each.

But like the price goes down as you get more.

And as you get more...it gets more complicated...to figure out just how many crickets you get for so much money.

*exhales*

Honestly....it was probably just the early morning hour. Because like. The lowest we go for crickets is 11 cents for the smalls if you get 76 or more.

If the crickets had been 10 cents each then $20 worth of crickets would be like 200 crickets. 

Knowing that they're 11 cents...I probably could have just done 175 and called it good.

Though I did actually math it out and guesstimated that around 180 would be $20.

Of course that's before Tax. But hey. I doubt most people know how taxing works or what price gets added to your overall cost.

But yah.

Frustrating. That the customer expected me to know this information like right away.

Like dude. I haven't taken math since high school. And at this early hour I'm not in the mood to math things out.

*shakes head*

The other customer was slightly more simple.

They wanted 15 small crickets.

Easy enough to grab.

But then they were like "How much is that?"

Like...I have no idea?

The crickets are 13 cents each.

10 would be $1.30

Adding 5 more would put the total to around $2 or so. 

....

Yah.

I don't like mathing first thing. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment