Saturday, May 8, 2021

Scattered

 Had this old lady come into the store to return like...idk 4 bags of dog food? 

I was backing up on a register at the time and my other cashier was helping this customer out.

And whatever it was...it was complicated because I helped like six customers in the time it took my cashier to help one. 

So yah. Not a good sign. 

But I didn't think much of it after the cashier finished the transaction.

Until I saw the lady later on. In the dog food section of the store.

Which is like six or so different aisles filled with multiple brands of food. 

And I get that the customer was looking for a new brand of food to try.

But like...said customer...proceeded to leave a path of destruction behind them as they shopped through the various sections.

How so? 

Well, instead of grabbing the smaller bags that are easier to lift and move around so that the customer could look at whatever they were looking for on the bag....

The old lady was just pulling the heaviest bags (30+lbs) from the bottom shelves onto the floor so that she could look at them...and then would just leave them there on the floor when she moved on to the next brand because the other brands didn't have what she wanted.

There were a good dozen or so 30+ bags scattered on the floor throughout the dog food aisles.

And it got so annoying so quickly to have to put them back.

I ended up waiting until the customer was done and gone (which took like an hour) before putting the bags back into their proper spots. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment