Friday, February 20, 2015

MLAARE -A Greenie Holiday

So the other day was a Holiday....a day that I worked.
Honestly....I don't know what it is about Holidays that brings in all the people.
I would think that they'd find something more interesting to do than come visit a Petstore, or come to the Petstore to get food/pets/etc.

Yet. They come.
Perhaps it's because they had the day off.
Perhaps it's because they needed to take the kids somewhere inexpensive that would entertain them for a bit. (Though with the warm weather we've been having.....you'd think a park would offer the same entertainment....)

In any case.
I seriously wasn't prepared for it.
I don't think anyone in scheduling remembered that it was a holiday until belatedly....

Which meant that my opening coworker managed to leave just before we got super crazy with a rush because their shift ended.
Leaving me all by myself.

Or so I thought.
For my manager decided to bring in one of our Greenies to give her some training.

I honestly feel like I've been in this boat before...Training Greenies on how to work in the department...when I'm by myself....and it's busy with customers.

In any case.
It's one of those odd grey areas.
Where I have another person in the department...which means I have more coverage.
But as a Greenie, they know next to nothing and therefore stick by my side like glue...and so don't really help any customers at all.

Thankfully, I taught them the basics....like bagging crickets. So whenever someone needed those I could send the Greenie that way and focus on the customers that had questions and other needs that needed to be answered. :)

So, while it was crazy....we had it covered. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment