Tuesday, February 24, 2015

MLAARE -Shift Changes

Sometimes I wonder at our Greenie's logic.

I had one of my New Coworkers come into work today.
Which confused me as they weren't scheduled to be in my department.
But that had been what had happened the week before as they hadn't been placed on the schedule yet due to training.
So I wondered if it was continuing this week as well.
Which would be weird, because it would only take a week for the new people to be trained and then have a schedule for them on when they worked ready for the next week.

But then I also remembered that our new people were also scheduled to be getting some cashier training that wasn't shown on the main schedule. I'd known that two others in my department were due to have that training this day, so I thought...maybe they were as well? 
It didn't make too much sense....

And then I went to a manager just to see if they actually were supposed to be on the register.

Turns out.
My coworker....wasn't scheduled to work today.
At all.

Yet there they were....working.

How did this happen?

Well, upon informing my coworker that they weren't scheduled to work today...
They asked: "Doesn't our schedule remain the same every week?"

O.o
Uh....No. No it doesn't.
The schedule changes by the week. Hours shift around, days working shift around....
It's hardly ever consistent.

So I had to go and show my coworker where the schedules were posted, and show them where to look to know where they were scheduled and when they were scheduled.

Honestly...I'm not sure how they got it into their mind that the schedule stayed the same.
As I'm pretty sure the manager goes through a whole spiel on schedules and everything. Did they just assume? Was there confusion? *shakes head.* I have no idea.

But at least it's cleared up now. :)
 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment