Thursday, February 26, 2015

MLAARE -The Timer

He came back again.
The Tortoise Guy.

Can you hear me groaning?
Because honestly.
He's DRIVING ME INSANE!!
It's so difficult to want to talk to him because I know once I do, I will be stuck trying to 'help' him for the next 45 minutes!!

Yet this time,
I couldn't avoid him.

Because I was coming back from a lunch break just as one of my coworkers was supposed to get off her shift.
And she'd been stuck talking to him.
Which meant, that I had to rescue her so that she could go home.

Cue groaning again.

What was his problem?
Well, he'd bought a specific timer to automatically turn off and on his Tortoise's lights on the recommendation of a coworker.
And he'd 'followed' the instructions on how to work it both the ones on the paper and the ones that my coworker had given him.

Only to find that the timer hadn't worked.
-It's one of those that takes 24 hours to start working...so you don't know it works until like a day later....-

And it had been a few days...and hadn't worked.
So he'd brought the device in to see if we could show him how it was supposed to work.

Luckily we use the same device with our display tanks -which is probably why my coworker recommended it.

And with some fiddling around I showed him how it was supposed to work,
though it wasn't working for his own device for the obvious reason of...it won't work until 24 hours later....
But I went through the same process like...TWELVE times. AT LEAST.
Repeating it. Again.
And again.
And again.
And
Again.

Just because he wants to double extra triple check that he's understanding what I'm telling him.

Finally I told him that perhaps he should come back later, when the coworker who suggested it to him came in to see if he would know any 'secrets' on how to get it to work.

And finally like 45 minutes after rescuing my coworker.
I too was free from him.

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
I know he means well...
But seriously...he's driving me insane.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment