Tuesday, November 3, 2020

All The Puppy Food

I had a customer call the store today wanting to know if we carried a certain brand of refrigerated puppy food that comes in rolls and if we did have some if I could tell them what size, how many, and how much they were. 

It seemed like an odd request. As most people only buy one or two rolls. 

Though I have had people buy an armful of the fridge food before.

In any case, I did indeed carry the food that the customer wanted. We had seven 2lb rolls that were $13 each.

Upon confirming the information I'd told them, the customer proceeded to ask if I had a specific brand of puppy food in the cans. The Instinct brand.

Which thankfully the Instinct brand was right next to our fridge, so I was easily able to find those cans and tell the customer that we had 16 of them in stock.

The customer seemed in a bit of a hurry and I could hear dogs whining in the background, so I was wondering if they'd unexpectedly ended up with puppies or rescued some dogs, or just ran out of food....

It wasn't the end of the conversation there though. After confirming again the price and the amounts of the food the customer wanted to know if they jumped online and ordered the food, if we would deliver it to the customer.

Which we don't, though we do online pick up so the customer could order online and do a curbside pick up outside so long as it occurred before 7pm. 

The customer promised to put in the order asap and I told them that I would keep an eye out so that when the order came in I would be able to pick it quickly. 

Though I ended up having a cashier keep an eye on the pick up orders while I could finish other tasks. 

It wasn't that hard to pick the order when it came in as I already knew where and how many were needed.

But I was rather surprised to get a call from the customer just as I was pulling the invoice off the printer.

I hadn't even gotten the order to our pick up order cabinet yet.

But the customer was like "Hey! I just got an email saying my order was ready. I'm waiting outside!" 

Like O_o dude. How long were you waiting outside in your car for me to pick your order? 

At least I was able to get their order out to them quickly. 

Hopefully the food lasts them a while. 

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment