Saturday, November 28, 2020

Let Me Put My Stuff Down First

 So there I was, coming out of the clock in room, having just clocked in for my shift.

But I was still 'undercover' in a way as I hadn't yet gone back into the breakroom to put my purse and my jacket hiding my uniform from view away. 

Like nothing about my look would indicate that I 'worked' there and wasn't a fellow shopper besides the fact that I had just come out of a door that wasn't marked.

And this customer standing nearby was like "Do you work here?" 

Which...yes..I do work here. But like dude....can you not see that I just got here?

I'm literally standing there with my purse over my shoulder and a jacket hiding my work shirt.

Does it look like I work here? No. No it does not. 

Honestly....I don't know why the guy would assume that I worked there when I still had my purse with me. Like has he ever seen us wandering around this store with our purses over our shoulders? No. 

*exhales*

But he wanted to know if we had more of a certain type of canned dog food in the back.

Which easy enough to check. (We didn't) 

But still. I wish he would have waited to ask for help until after I put my stuff down or asked someone wearing a visible uniform. 

*shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment