Saturday, September 16, 2017

Turn Down the Music

So I had a customer call. 
But I was so confused when I picked up.
Because all I could hear was music playing.
Kinda like the "you're on hold" music that you get when you're waiting for someone to pick up at an office.
And I was like "Hello?"
To no response for at least thirty seconds.
I mean, it was loud music.
Loud enough that I had my coworker listen for a second.
Before I decided to try one more time.
"Hello?" I asked.

And finally someone responded on the other end.
Confirming that it hadn't been an accidental dial. 
It was an older woman, interested in buying a fish tank.
Which...I halfway feel like I've talked to her at least three other times...because it was the same series of questions I'd answered for other women on the phone...but for other sized tanks. 

In any case.
It quickly got frustrating on my end, because the music on her end never got quieter.
Like...why would you try and talk to someone on the phone in a loud place?
Either turn down the music or go to a different room.

Honestly...I don't know why she didn't.
She kept asking me "What?! Can you repeat that? I didn't get that? What?" 
So. very frustrating. Because It's not like I can be like "Well if you turn down the music on your end then it may be easier for you to hear me." *exhales* 

Thankfully, it wasn't too long of a phone call.
Though it did feel like an eternity before she was satisfied and ended the call. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment