Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Why Are They Dead?

"Why do you have dead fish in your tanks!?" The customer exclaimed like it was the greatest mystery on the planet. 
Like he couldn't believe that such a thing would happen. 
Like he didn't comprehend that there was such a thing as a dead fish.

And my brilliant response to this?
"...because they died?" I said slowly. Like...why else would I have dead fish in the tanks? Because they were obviously alive earlier, but had died sometime after I'd already swept through all the tanks. Because I do do that. I go through the tanks every morning to pull out the dead, because obviously we don't want customers seeing dead fish. 

Unfortunately the fish don't cooperate and stay alive during store hours.
So it's not uncommon for me to get a customer saying to me "You have a dead fish in this tank." 
*exhales* 

So yah. I told the customer "Because they died." but did manage to say "And I haven't had time to fish them out yet."....which who knows if that's a good way to add to that statement. *facepalm* 

In any case, it seemed to satisfy the customer as he asked to get some fish from that tank anyways....Hopefully those fish stay alive...

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment