Wednesday, March 18, 2020

A Natural Disaster

You never really think about what you'd do in a disaster...if it occurred at your job. 
Like you're there.
And something happens.

Then what?

I had that today.
When an Earthquake struck when I was working.
Thankfully the epicenter was in a different valley.
But it did shake the walls and rattle the lights here.

And I just had to look around.
And wonder.
Where would I be safe to take shelter?
Where could I go in the store to be safe in the middle of an earthquake.

What would I do after the shaking stopped?
Like.
If there was major damage to the store.

I kinda think I'd go check on the animals.
Especially the fishwall.
And make sure that no fish were like...on the ground or in empty tanks or something.

But it's hard to know.
What exactly you'd do in a disaster.

If we'd even be allowed to stay in the building.
If we'd be allowed to rescue the pets.

It's hard to know.
Until you're in the situation.

Hopefully I'm not in a major situation like that.
But now I do have that thought in the back of my mind.

What if.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment