Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Stocking Up

Had a customer come asking me if we had more containers of a specific type of cat litter in stock.
As we always seem to be super low on them.

Which they already had two containers of the cat littler needed in their cart....

But the customer was sounding rather...irritated. So I said I would go check it out (while wondering why they didn't stock up on a different cat litter like Tidy Cat that we have tons of) 

And in my search I discovered that we had one more container of their specific type of cat litter....
However...it was on the very bottom of a pallet that had just come off our truck that was like...stacked with stuff eight feet tall. *exhales* 

Knowing they already had two containers....and knowing that we had no easy way to get the litter off at that moment.

I told the customer that we had no more available currently. 

But apparently.
The reason why they were wanting to stock up on cat litter....

Is the exact same reason why the grocery stores have empty shelves of water bottles, hand sanitizer, and toilet paper.

People are preparing just in case the corona virus hits the state.

But like...
I don't see why they're wanting to prep on buying stuff for their pets....like it's like they're preparing for the apocalypse or something.

My cashier commented though that multiple people had told her today that that's why they were buying a bunch of food and stuff.

Just in case.

It's like...interesting.
Like cool on them to think to stock up for their pets as well as for themselves.

But I honestly think there's a lot of panic for well....very little reason.

Practice proper hygiene and I think most everyone will be fine.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment