Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Field Trip

We had a class come into the store today, young kids like age 3-5 years old.

Which is a common occurence for us as petstores are a rather popular destination around here to take kids to. *shakes head* Not sure why. Probably inexpensive and nearby? 

In any case.
Today's group were notable in that all the kids were deaf/hoh. 
Which was awesome because that meant that I could use my ASL skills and sign a bit to them. ^^;; 

So I spent like an hour, showing them the snakes and lizards and fish and guinea pigs and such. Picking up a couple new signs that I didn't know, and just, having fun using my sign language to chat with the teachers and parents who'd come with the kids to see the animals. :D 

It was fun.
Fun to see how the kids reacted to touching different animals and their various textures. ^^;; 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment