Monday, March 30, 2020

Bitten

I wasn't present for this.
I mean. I was in the store.
But I was in the back and didn't hear what happened until after everything.

My Manager got bit by a dog today.

Which working in a pet store...it's not like....one of those 'shocker' moments. 
Except it is.

It's super rare for us to get bitten by dogs in the store (unless you're in grooming, than that is more likely) because we're careful. 

No one wants to get bit after all.

From my understanding some idiot walked into the store with his dog off leash.

Which is against our policy. Dogs have to be on a leash for safety reasons. 

And had apparently been told like twice that his dog needed to be put on a leash.

Which is when my manager approached.

I'm not quite sure what happened...as they were tripping over their words. But I think they went over to tell him to put a leash on his dog? And he asked my manager to help him with something? Something involving the dog?? As it put my manager within reach the dog's teeth as when they got in range...the dog attacked and bit my manager on the arm. 

It looked crazy. Like the bite itself wasn't as bad as it could have been. But it did draw blood and bruised the arm and it like immediately swelled up. 

But in the aftermath of trying to deal with the bite...

The dude just left before the rest of us could stop him as we didn't immediately know what had happened.  
He left with his dog.
Didn't stick around.
Like a panicking coward he left. (probably in hopes in avoiding getting in trouble) 

But like. Jokes on him.
Because we have cameras in our store. And witnesses. 
So hopefully the police will be able to track him down as yes we did call the police since the customer left and my maanger was bleeding from a bite wound.

*exhales* I'm just....annoyed.
Annoyed that the guy lost all common sense and didn't listen to us when he was told to put a leash on his dog. 
All this could have been avoided.

I hope they catch him.
Because it was awful seeing my manager shaking and in tears after the incident. 
But thankfully we were able to get her to a clinic to get her bite treated and such.

*exhales*
Crazy. Just crazy.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment