Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Greenie Leading Greenie

You know the saying of the 'blind leading the blind?'

I had to leave my coworkers in that sort of scenario today.

We have a new manager over me,
One who hasn't been in my department before. He was over in the stocking department, and has had very little time or training in my own department.

Basically he's still pretty green, I don't even know if he's had a proper shift in our department yet.
-As he's still been doing stocking shifts because we're short on stockers as well. And I can manage the department well enough without a manager over me.

In any case.
He was scheduled to finally have a shift in the department.
Only....

We had just hired a new greenie.
Like literally it was her first day on the floor.
And she only came in an hour before I was scheduled to leave for the day.
Which meant....
I only had an hour to train her in basically everything.

Before my manager showed up......
Who also still needs to be trained in basically everything.

*shakes head*

I had to leave them in the department, two greenies, by themselves for a few hours before our next coworker came into the department. :S

Not the best feeling in the world to leave work on.
Hopefully they don't burn down the store....or get customers angry at them....

-Sarnic Dirchi



No comments:

Post a Comment