Thursday, August 4, 2016

Two Look Ups are Better...Than One?

So, this customer called on the phone today.
Who...automatically set me on edge because her voice was really....breathy.
Like she wasn't using her whole voice to speak. It was just like this breathy whisper sort of thing.
Which isn't the best sort of voice to use on a phone.
Especially when I'm surrounded by noisy fish systems and barking dogs and the like.
Because it makes it difficult to hear.

But she was calling because she was trying to find a certain product.
A new ramp/shelf to go inside her cage.
Which we don't sell in the store.

-As we usually don't sell parts to things. So if something breaks....you're out of luck if you expect us to be able to provide the part to fix it.

In any case.
She was calling to see if we had the product....which we don't.
I double checked to be sure as we are always getting in new things.
But we didn't.

So I suggested that she look at our website and see if we had it there.

To which she was like "Can't you do it?"

O.o Uhhh....I don't really have access to a computer here lady.
I have my phone, and I have the work ipad and a slow internet connection.

To which I explained to her.
But she was like "Could you do so? I'll wait."

So I did....and an eternity later, I was like "No, I can't find it on our site, but we have the cage you bought on the site and there is one here in the store"
-As she wanted to see if we had the cage as well just in case she needed to buy a completely new set.

And she was like "Okay...I'm looking too and I can't find the shelves either."

*eye twitch*
Why in the world are you having me look up the website if you're already ON THE WEBSITE?

I mean, maybe we know a key word that she doesn't to help us find the product.....but it's the same basic website.

So I suggested that she look up the company that made the cage to see if they sold parts.
To which she was like "I've tried, can you help me find the website?"

....Turns out that company doesn't have a website.
She was out of luck on that end too.

So finally, I suggested that she just go to the local hardware store and buy a shelf/ramp for her cage. As that would be what I would do if I couldn't find a replacement part.
That or just get a new cage, or jimmy-rig something else to work....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment