Tuesday, August 9, 2016

On the Box

There are many times when I'm talking to a customer and showing them a product that they need....

That they then ask me a question about the said product that they're holding in their hands.
Like: "How often do I need to add in this chemical?" Or "What gallon range is this for?"

Which is.....rather silly to ask me....when they're holding the box.
And the instructions for it are either on the box or in the box.

So I end up having to take the item away from the customer to read the instruction label for them and tell them. "It's 5ml per 10 gallons" or point to the box and say "It's for a 15 gallon tank." or whatever other answer they're seeking.

-I mean, I can understand that there are people who can't read tiny writing. So they need others to do so for them, especially if they forget their glasses.

But all to often I think to myself "Well if you just read the box...." they'd get the answer a lot sooner.
I mean, that's what we are going to do anyway if they ask us the question. We're going to read the box to find the answer for them.....

Seems like we could skip a step or two in there somewhere....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment