Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Walking Back Into Chaos

>.<
I don't like unreliable cowokers.
I mean, if you have a job, and you have a scheduled time to be at work.
You should show up for work.

But for some reason my evening people don't understand that concept of 'being on time.'
As I hear that basically everyone shows up late.
Which is not fun at all for the people who want to go home.

Today though, my first day back from vacation....just seemed to go overboard with the absentee coworkers.
We had one cashier not show up, another delayed due to being involved in a car accident. Another coworker called in sick, and the last coworker....got stuck at his other job....so couldn't arrive right away.
Which....sucked for me because the guy who got stuck at another job....was my replacement for the department. The coworker who called in sick? The other person who was supposed to be closing the department.

>.<
It was also a day where NOBODY wanted to come into work.
We called basically everyone on the list that hadn't already worked today, and they all said no or didn't answer. >.<

So, I ended up staying two hours later than scheduled to make sure we had coverage.
And was only able to leave because the cashier that came in then was also trained in my department and we had one of the groomers willing to jump in and be the cashier.

....I never did see that coworker who said he'd show up late....the managers weren't confident at all that he'd show up in any case.

Thankfully, I was able to finally go home.
Because I was tired.
10 hours on my feet is tiring any day, but especially when it's your first day back from a vacation.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment