Friday, August 12, 2016

Young at Heart

This morning I had an older gentleman in the store.

I'd assumed that he'd been in to see our groomers.
As it wasn't yet time for our main store to open.

Turns out. He'd been to the Vet, who is also open before the main store.

And was now buying the prescription dog food that the vet had prescribed to him.

But we ran into a problem of you had to have the prescription card in order to buy the food.
Which he didn't have.
So we had to go over to the vets to find it.

Turns out he'd thought I was talking about something else.
and actually had the card in his shirt pocket. lol. As he hadn't realized that was what I needed.

In any case.
Somewhere in that conversation, as I was talking.

He thought I'd referred to him as 'young.'

Which I hadn't....

As he was old.
He told me himself he was 75.

But it really made his day to be referred to as young as he kept bringing it up lol.
That it made his day.
That it was the best moment today.
etc. etc.

So unwilling to burst his bubble.
I played along.
Telling him he looked more like he was 60 instead of 75.
To which it made him even more happy.


haha.
It's good to make a customer's day. :)
Even when I did it unintentionally. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment