Thursday, August 25, 2016

I Need Larger

You gotta love particular customers.
The ones where every little thing needs to meet their expectations.

For example.
I had a woman come into the store today wanting 'six large crickets'

To which I happily obliged.
I can easily catch 6 crickets.

And when it's a small number like that.
I usually show them to the customer before I tie off the bag to make sure that the size I caught was the size that they wanted.

Which I did this time.

And the woman literally took the bag out of my hand and counted those six crickets twice.
O.o Like she was expecting me to short her? It's six crickets....

But then she also added "These are really small!"
To which I was like "O.o"
Because....they're not as small as our smalls....

But our crickets do come in in slightly different sizes.
The average length of our 'large crickets' are 3/4 of an inch.
While the 'small crickets' are usually 3/8 of an inch.

But the small crickets can be as tiny as pin heads.

While our large crickets can be up to an inch.

It just depends on our shipment that we get in.
This time around, the 'large' crickets were on the slightly smaller size.
But they were all pretty much the same size.

The woman wasn't happy at all though with the ones I had caught.
They were 'too small'
She wanted me to catch the largest ones in there.

Which in all reality.
They were all pretty much the same size!

Still.
I dumped out the bag.
And spent a good minute or so longer than I needed to to choose out six larger looking crickets to give to her.
To which she then again counted, before saying that she was satisfied. *shakes head*

Honestly.
I was tempted to pretend to dump out the bag.
Pretend to catch 'larger' ones.

And then give her the bag of the same crickets.
Just to see if she'd notice that they were the same or not.

I didn't do it.
I was tempted to though. As I honestly am curious now if she would have noticed or not....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment