Monday, December 28, 2020

Printing Prices

I was called in for another early morning work shift involving pricing.

Though because I got distracted at the wrong moment by my coworkers when I was clocking in. I didn't see the note left for me by my Head Manager on what I needed to do this morning.

And so assuming that the tasks I'd been expecting to do had gotten done on Sunday.

I went ahead with helping the early morning stockers with the truck instead.

Only to find out later, when my other manager pointed it out to me, that I had been left a list of pricing changes and tags I needed to print out and put up.

*exhales*

While the already printed tags were easy enough to put up.

Printing the new tags out was a trial and a half as our 'new system' as of like 5 years ago sucks.

It's difficult and unwieldy and much more difficult to use compared to the original system we had.

And it's a nightmare figuring out how to scan the tags to get them onto the system and then print out those tags in the correct sizes....

Especially when the printer decides it doesn't want to cooperate and pull from the proper tray.

It was frustrating.

Extremely frustrating to waste so much paper.

And made more difficult considering that I got only like 3 hours of sleep last night.

So yah.

It was fun this morning trying to print out and do all the various price changes.

Definitely not what I wanted to spend my entire shift doing. At all.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment