Friday, December 11, 2020

Wrong Wrong Wrong

 It was a day for weird animal shenanigans apparently.

Mostly because like ALL the animals came into the store today. *shakes head* 

Like usually on Friday's I only expect to get in our Fish Shipment...if our Truck is in on time. Which surprisingly it was for once. It arrived before 10 am which is a miracle honestly because the trucks have been showing up towards the late afternoon for the past little while. 

But it was great news as it would give me something to do during my shift.

And overall putting out the fish went without hassle....except I got in a bag of fish that were labeled "4 bolivian ram cichlids" and when I looked at the bag to see if there were any dead within it...I could immediately see that 2 of them were not in fact bolivian rams. No they definitely were 2 blue acara cichlids instead.

And while the other 2 cichlids in that bag appeared at first to be the bolivians....upon placing them in the tank and seeing them with the other bolivians we had already there...I realized that the other two were convict cichlids instead.

So they sent me 2 blue acaras and 2 convicts....instead of 4 bolivians. *shakes head* 

But we also got in our reptile shipment today as well and the paperwork said we were only getting in 1 ball python....but there were 2 in the box. O_o 

I later discovered that there was a second invoice behind the first that showed this second ball python on it.

But it was weird to look at the first invoice and realize that they sent us one snake extra.

*exhales* I notified the company about the 2 ball pythons before I realized that there was a second invoice for the 2nd python....so hopefully we don't end up with 3 in the system when I should only have 2.

In any case. 

We also ended up getting a cricket shipment in that was supposed to have 7,500 large crickets in it. But in typical fashion 4,100 of them were missing. 

And we also received in our small pet/bird shipment today too because the delivery ended up having truck issues and couldn't deliver them yesterday. And for once all the animals in our shipment showed up.

One of them being a chinchilla. 

And I'm used to them being a certain size.

But the chinchilla we got in today is like twice the size of the one already in the cage. He has to be fully grown and he's giant!! lol *shakes head* 

So yah...it's just been a weird day when it comes to animals. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment