Saturday, April 15, 2017

Adoption Day

It's been years since we've had a huge adoption event.
I mean, I can remember when I first started that we'd have our adoption groups come in with dogs and cats and there'd be at least forty animals waiting to find their forever home.

Yet, for whatever reason.
That stopped happening.

There were fewer 'big' events.

And our adoption groups....while they still would bring cats for the space we had set aside for them,
Wouldn't bring in extra cages to hold adoption days.
Nor would they bring a lot of dogs. The groups would have maybe ten at most. More often like five dogs.

Today however,
We had a different group in from the normal.
a group I've heard of by name, but haven't actually seen in person as they tend to come when I'm not working.

And it was crazy.
They brought in 30 dogs.
THIRTY!

()_()
All ready to be adopted.
And it was crazy.
Having so many dogs in the store.
It brought in a ton of people.
And we had 12 adoptions today!! Woot!!

I kinda wish we had more big events like that. As I'm sure people are more likely to adopt if they feel like they have more of a selection to choose from. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment