Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Something Just Go Right

I had a customer come through the register today, while I was back up cashiering for my coworker, who had a dead fish return.

Only...she had forgotten the dead fish at home.

And I was like. "We kinda need to see the body to prove that it died."

And the woman gave me this look of 'can my day be getting any worse?'
As she emphatically told me she'd drove an hour and a half to come to my store. (which means driving home and coming back is out of the question.) and that the dead fish was at home, she just hadn't remembered to grab it before heading out.
(Which I can understand I've done the same thing.)

So I took pity on her. Because it seemed like she was having a bad day.

Turns out she's been having a bad week really.

Her fish dying and forgetting the body was just the tip of the iceberg really.

Apparently her credit card information got stolen so she and her husband don't have any cards right now to buy things with.
She tried to relax doing some sort of special treatment at a spa...only for the device to break in the middle of her appointment...and the second device was also broken.

Honestly...if the transaction had lasted longer, she probably would have continued on. Because I sensed that there was more that had happened that week that just was making things difficult for her and her family....

So hopefully the fact that I helped her out and got her her money back for her fish....without too much fuss on my part, is going to be a little highlight to her troubled week.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment