Saturday, April 22, 2017

Nemo for the Bowl

It never ceases to amaze me that customers aren't always willing to be forthcoming with information when they come into the store. It's like they expect me to be able to read their minds and such and automatically know what they mean when they say "I need some fish, or I need some crickets."

Today was such a case.
Where a woman came into the store first thing when we opened and found me and was like "I need help."

....Okay..... with what?
"With fish."
.....Okay what fish?
She thought about it for a moment. "Do you have the nemo fish?"
...No. We only carry freshwater fish here.

To which she then directed me to a goldfish she wanted to buy instead and put in a bowl.

But honestly...
how difficult would it have been to say. "I'm looking to get a nemo fish can you help me?"
Or something along those lines. "I need help getting fish, do you have nemo fish?"

*shakes head*
Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that way lol.

Though I do have to wonder with this particular customer....
Was she originally planning to buy a ClownFish to put in a bowl?

O.o
Because it would not have lived long in such a tiny place. Nor would you have been able to easily monitor saltwater levels and other biological levels and temperatures and other random things involved with Saltwater fish tanks.

*shakes head*
I'm glad I didn't have to go through that sort of conversation with her.
Because she seemed to be the type of person of single mindedness where she'd get the fish in a bowl no matter what.
Thankfully...I don't carry salt water fish lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment