Friday, June 15, 2018

Music

There was a customer who came into the store today.
Who had found a nest of baby birds.
And wanted to know how to take care of them.

but like...it's hard to know how to take care of baby birds if you don't know what type of bird it is? Because you have ones that eat berries, and seeds, and insects....

So I suggested calling Animal Control or Wildlife Control.
Which apparently she'd already done. 
So I was like "put the nest back?"

Apparently she couldn't. 

*exhales*
But it was difficult to focus on talking to her.
Because she had a phone in her hand, that was playing music. 
A particular song really that I don't like hearing because it gets stuck in my head.

Which I found to be weird.
Why did this customer feel the need to walk around with their own theme music playing? Like it was at a level where I had to raise my voice a little in order to be heard over her music.
Which begs the question of...if she wanted to know answers...why not turn off the music so it's easier to hear? 
It seems to be a common occurrence with customers. Both in the store and over the phone. 
Where they don't seem to realize background noise is part of the reason why they're having trouble hearing me....

In any case....
I helped as much as I could with her question. 
But there's not much I can do in regards for care for wild birds.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment