Monday, June 4, 2018

And Another---

It was a 3pm customer. 

A woman came up to the register while I was backup cashiering and asked if she could get help with the fish.
Which I'd just seen my replacement coworker come into the store.
But didn't know how long it would take them to go clock in, grab their radio, and then go over to the fish wall. 
Neither did I know how much longer I would be on the register.

But I finished up with the register, and hadn't yet seen my coworker, so I figured I could take the two minutes necessary to go catch the woman her fish and hopefully by the time I was done my coworker would be there. 

So I went and found the woman, who then directed me to her son who wanted to get some zebra danios but struggled for a moment to decide between the regular zebras and the long finned leopard danios. He ended up choosing Three Leopard Danios

While the woman told me that she also wanted two snails. 

Which should have been an easy and quick enough catch. Two separate bags.
And then I would be done!

Only then the woman spotted other fish.
And began asking questions about some aggressive fish in her tank and how different fish would do with them. 
Which meant she ended up deciding on two dward gouramis of differing colors. 
But when I was about to bag those ones up she decided she wanted one, no two! no, THREE different platys. 
And while I was catching those she was like "Oh! I should get some Neons too!" 

-Which I had my coworker get the neons.
To divide and conquer and such. 

And then had to go show the customer some airline tubes and air pumps....

*exhales* 
I really should have just handed over the entire thing to my coworker.
Because I ended up clocking out 20 minutes late.

But I kept thinking "I'm almost done."
Only for the customer to be like "OH! I want these too!" as I was almost done bagging the fish I'd already caught. *shakes head* 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment