Monday, December 31, 2018

Lumpy

So I took a guinea pig to the vet today.

Because I noticed, when I was trying to put him out onto the floor, that he had this larger lump on his chin.

It was a lump that I'd seen before.
As we'd been treating the area for ringworm.
But it had been smaller back then.
Looking more like the jaw was just oddly shaped.

Than an actual issue.
Plus with the ring worm making the area bald...
It's hard to tell what looks normal and what doesn't look normal when there's no fur where there's supposed to be fur.

So I took it over to the vet.
And the first thing he says to me is "If it's an abscess on the jaw....it's not going to be good. I have no way to treat that."

Which I thought was an odd conclusion to come to.
As I've seen a few lumps on a guinea pig's chin before.

And more times than not. It's just an infection that needs to be drained. Swollen with liquid and such.
I mean. When I briefly touched it, it felt harder than that.
But at the same time.
I figured it would be a fixable problem.

And I was right.
The Vet was able to drain the lump.
and now we just need to treat the guinea pigs with meds until it's healed up.

Easy peasy.
*fingers crossed* That he doesn't end up with other issues in the process.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment