Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Walked Out

We had a guinea pig stolen last night.

Which....I still don't quite understand how that happened.
Like I get how it happened happened.
But like the fact that it happened is still a bit mind-boggling.

One of my coworkers was showing some customers a guinea pig.
The large one in our main cage. 
-Which the associates have taken to naming some of the animals when they stay in our sick room, and this guinea pig was one of those animals. They named him Scott.

In any case.
My coworker had Scott out and the customers were holding him,
When another associate needed my coworker's help with the birds.

….Which is when things get fuzzy.

Like...I don't know why my coworker didn't put the guinea pig back before helping the customer.
Or if the fellow associate was supposed to have been switching places and helping with the guinea pig...and then didn't.
:S Had this associate gone to grab paperwork?
Had they not known that the guinea pig needed to be watched?

I don't know what happened.

But next thing was that the cashier noticed the people walking out of the store...and then possibly saw the guinea pig when they got in the car.
-So like maybe the put him in a pocket or inside their jacket and hid Scott from the associate's view.

In any case.
Yah, the customers stole Scott.

Which has all my coworkers up in arms about it. Because that was a NAMED guinea pig therefore more special. *shakes head*

I still wish I knew why my associate didn't put the guinea pig away first. 
Probably miscommunication. 
Possibly distraction and not thinking.

In any case.
Hopefully the thieves ended up at a different store to buy supplies for their stolen pet. Because they had nothing to keep him in or feed him with when they left.

*exhales*
Some people.
Why?
Why steal?
I don't get it.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment