Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A Pets Hotel

I had a customer call the store today asking if we had Doggie Day Camp there.
Which is a service that I know some of our sister stores provide....but only stores that have Pet Hotels in them.
And unfortunately...the only two stores in the states that do that are in the next valley over. Which is often too far away for most of the customers who call the store asking if we have one. 

The customer was all too aware of this...I'm guessing they had brought their puppy dog there before or something?

In any case.
They wanted to know 'when we will be getting a pet hotel.'

Ha.
Probably never.
I mean our store has been open for like....multiple decades at this point. 
If they were going to do a hotel....they probably would have done one by now.
Like there was talk of trying to get one put in back when I first started nearly 7 years ago. 
But since that point. No. Nothing has been brought up.

Currently the only 'remodeling' plans we have is to expand out the Grooming Salon and get rid of Register 4 in order to made room for the grooming salon. 

Customer wasn't happy to hear that we had no plans to expand and wanted to know who they could contact in order to petition that we get a pet hotel.
I told them corporate...

but honestly, this is the company that took like 7 years to approve a work order to paint the outside of the building.
So even if they did decide to include a Pet Hotel in our store....I highly doubt it would happen for another 3-5 years anyways. *shakes head* 

Yah...customer didn't like that.
Didn't like that I couldn't tell them any local doggie day camps.
And asked to be transferred to our vet....I'm guessing to see if they could board the dog... which I'm certain they don't do that.

So yah...
An interesting conversation.
I am curious to see if they do end up petitioning corporate to get a pet hotel in our location.....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment