Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Mice?

A customer came into the store this morning looking for some of our Fancy Mice.
Unfortunately, (Fortunately?) We didn't have any on the floor at that exact moment.
Though I did have one in the back that I could bring out to the floor, and I knew we would be getting more mice in later this week as well.

However, because people do occasionally try to buy mice to use as a food. I was like "Oh, you want one as a pet?" 

"Something like that." was the answer. 

....That wasn't a good answer. 
That's a suspicious answer.
That's a "I might actually be using this mouse for food." sort of answer.

So I asked another question, something like "Oh? What do you mean?" 

Turns out the person is a falconer.
Who is helping a friend to capture some Kestrels I believe it was.
And they need some mice as live bait.

Yah no...
I don't sell mice for bait. I don't sell mice for food.

Therefore. I instead told the customer of other locations that sold mice that they could go to instead. As the local stores sell feeder mice and such. 

So hopefully they found what they were looking for in a different location.

Kinda cool though. Haven't encountered a falconer before. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment