Monday, July 29, 2019

Joker

It's always a trial and error sort of thing when you place the small pets together on the floor.
Because sometimes it's just perfectly fine to introduce a new group of hamsters to the current group of hamsters on the floor...
And other times its not.

Today though, it was Guinea Pigs.
And usually the guinea pigs are fine together....
Until one gets a bit too big for his britches and decides to be dominating and agressive to new comers if they're seen to be a threat.

*exhales*
Which is what happened today.
I had five guinea pigs on the floor.
And brought out three more.
Which usually isn't an issue.
But we have a red eyed guinea pig that's about twice the size of the others that's apparently reached that "I don't like others." stage when we bring in new guinea pigs.
because not like...fifteen minutes later.
I walked by the cage and noticed one of the new guinea pigs was bleeding as the lower jaw was all red.

Which meant fighting.

So I quickly rescued him out from the cage, and upon examination saw that there was a wound at the corner of the mouth....but I couldn't quite tell how bad it was.
So I ended up taking him over to our vet to double check.
Because with it being near the mouth....there was a chance it could get infected and I didn't want that.
Nor did I know if it has sliced the mouth open wider or not.

So better to be safe than sorry.

But it also meant that I wouldn't be able to put that guinea pig back on the floor --when he's better--until after we sold the aggressive guinea pig.

And considering we've had him for a good three or four weeks now...if not longer....
I wasn't hopeful....

But surprise of surprises....
The next customer who came in to look at the guinea pig....actually wanted the red eyed bigger one. O.o

Lol that was unexpected. 
But I'm grateful because he gets a new home...and i can hopefully safely put the guinea pig back in with his buddies once his mouth wound is healed. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment