Monday, July 22, 2019

Discount Me

Had a customer come into the store looking for waxworms first thing this morning.
Her first question was "Did you get any Waxworms in?"
To which I responded "No." Because we hadn't gotten any in last week in our shipment.
So she was like "Well get me the freshest ones then."
Ha. Jokes on her. All the waxworms we had were from two weeks ago, because we didn't get in a shipment last week and hadn't yet received in this week's shipment because our various worms only come in on Thursdays. 
So i grabbed her the container.
She was like "When did these come in."
"Two weeks ago." Was my response.
"You don't have any from last week!?"
"No, I didn't get in any last week." -AT this point I could tell she had thought my first time responding was for 'this week' instead of the 'last shipment' we received. *exhales* 
But i was like "Our shipments only come in on Thursdays." to her "Why not!" Because we only get replenished for what we sell. So guess what?
If picky customers don't BUY the waxworms, then we don't get more in until we SELL them.

So she was stuck with waxworms from two weeks ago unless she wanted to wait until Thursday this week.

She didn't want to wait.
And instead asked me if we would discount the waxworms because "the other girls would." 
*rolls eyes*
I honestly don't know how we got onto this 'discount the waxworms' kick but it is super annoying.
Like they fill the containers with more than 50 waxworms so it's okay if some die.

But noooo customers want them ALL alive.

So I was like "A discount?"
She was like "Like 20%" 
So I double checked with the manager to see if the one on duty would do a discount.
He was fine with it and was like "You can do 25%"

Ha.
No. If the customer is expecting 20% then I'm going to give her what she wants.
No need to make her get more greedy in future purchases.

So I told her we could do the 20% off. 

*exhales*

At this point I think we're practically selling all our waxworms at a discount. Because people are freaking picky. I don't know why its suddenly a problem now.
We never had this issue before the past couple of months.
And now its practically every customer with waxworms is having issues with them when nothing has changed with the shipping or what we do to care for them.

*shakes head* 

Like I do get that you don't want to buy things that are already dead. I understand that.
But still. There's more than 50 waxworms in the container of 50 so it should be fine. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment