Tuesday, July 16, 2019

As Many As I Can Catch

Had a customer come into the store today looking to get some feeder goldfish.
Only when I asked him how many he wanted.
He was like "However many you can catch." 

Which is a great nonanswer.
Because I can totally catch all the fish. 
The question is do you want me to catch all the fish?

Because I know how the tanks look.
And I know that most people miscalculate how many fish are in the tank.
They see a bunch and think that it's only like thirty when in reality there's like 75 fish in there.

It's a thing I've grown used to. 
And glancing at the tanks in question.
I knew there were probably at least 100 if not a 150 fish in the two tanks that were our 'extra small' goldfish.

So I told the customer. "There's around 150 in there. How many do you want?" 

Because I can catch all 150 goldfish no problem.
But most the time when it's 'as many as you can catch' the customer is thinking of a slightly smaller number otherwise they would have specified. 

Turns out. I was right.
The dude only wanted 20 goldfish. 

Though after I caught the 20 he decided that he wanted 20 of our larger goldfish and after I caught those he decided he wanted 20 more of the small goldfish for a total of 40 small and 20 large which fully equals 60.

So he wanted 60 in the end.
Probably again, the 'look' of how many 20 is.

Hopefully the fish do well for him. :) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment