Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Chatter

So we had some important visitors in the store today.
Which always mean an increase in chatter over the radios. 

Not something I can always handle. 
As it can give me a headache because often the conversations are trivial and go on for far too long and I'd rather not have it constantly in the ear.

I'm rather surprised I didn't get a headache. *shakes head* 

In any case.
The cashier took the 'chatter' to heart.

Constantly talking like every two minutes over the radio.
Telling us where customers were going, requesting backup, asking questions, asking if we'd helped people, directing us to where people were going. And also getting worked up over the cats again in worrying about something being wrong.

And it would have been fine.
Except this chatter seemed to happen every two minutes.
Which was less than fine.
Because I was getting irritated that I kept getting pulled away from my own tasks as I was working to open the department and she kept pulling me away for these little tasks that she could have done herself really.

I think I just got irritated because like often the tasks are something they could have done themselves.
And like...it felt like everyone is always looking to have someone else do the work.
And it feels like that someone else is me.

So yah.
It got to the point where everytime she'd start speaking I'd feel a flash of irritation. 
*exhales*

Hopefully I don't have to deal with her tomorrow.
Because her constant yammering in the radio had me quite done with helping people or being around people today. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment